Currently First Nations-run schools, which are federally funded, receive one-third to nearly one-half less funding per student compared to provincially-funded schools.
“Our understanding is the under-funding of Aboriginal education has really opened the door to this privatization,” Smith said.
“And we feel the federal government has the responsibility of serving First Nations communities well.” (CTF)
- #greentomatoes chutney. Anyone have a family recipe? #harvest time| 13 hours ago
- @MalcolmNance @maddow @JoyAnnReid She couldn’t be worse than current POTUS but really? He pov & image is crafted foil not true leadership.| 14 hours ago
- Via @BCTLA Points of Inquiry includes suggested benchmarks for elementary. currently under revision/new/revised curriculum. #bctla| 15 hours ago
- Doc —From School Library to Library Learning Commons…—has been updated, new version should be available in time for the #bctla PSA| 15 hours ago
- My #TL friends .. BCTLA is participating in the BC PSA Superconference bctf.ca/bctla//pub/pd/… #bctla| 16 hours ago