Currently First Nations-run schools, which are federally funded, receive one-third to nearly one-half less funding per student compared to provincially-funded schools.
“Our understanding is the under-funding of Aboriginal education has really opened the door to this privatization,” Smith said.
“And we feel the federal government has the responsibility of serving First Nations communities well.” (CTF)
- @bctla twitter.com/literateowl/st…| 7 hours ago
- Great work going on at #kssLC :-) ksslearningcommons.weebly.com/great-reads.ht… bravo @MsMancaReads @Wynter_O #sd23ed| 7 hours ago
- @kssreads @MsMancaReads I’ll drop this account ASAP :-)| 7 hours ago
- @bcalmanac #siteC work starting w Clark Gov before proper approval was reached, is a no win- #loselose governance by old Libs. :-(| 7 hours ago
- @bcalmanac Perhaps the Courts will X this political choice? #site c| 7 hours ago