Currently First Nations-run schools, which are federally funded, receive one-third to nearly one-half less funding per student compared to provincially-funded schools.
“Our understanding is the under-funding of Aboriginal education has really opened the door to this privatization,” Smith said.
“And we feel the federal government has the responsibility of serving First Nations communities well.” (CTF)
- @JessLStanley He won't have much to maneuver... he can't do worse!| 10 hours ago
- RT @ujjaldosanjh: Trump: A Russian Stooge as President of USA! - Blogs ujjaldosanjh.org/index.php/entr…| 10 hours ago
- @fastcranny @AbbasElGazzar I'm not so sure..? What measures 'engagement'? Does a Ss enjoy his day at school? Does h… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…| 10 hours ago
- RT @AdrienneGear: Okay teacher friends... summer is the perfect time to do some TED Talks binge watching! Here are12 Must See TED... https…| 10 hours ago
- @cathmckenna @ParksCanada 'Management' wrong term.. the devil himself is scared witless when a wildfire gets a grip!| 10 hours ago