B.C. gets top marks in Canada for health and education in a new study from the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development.
The OECD measured eight topics among its 34 member nations, and found B.C. leading the provincial pack in health and education while trailing most of Canada in safety, the environment and civic engagement.
The organization measured eight criteria for its ‘Regional Well-Being’ survey — jobs, income, health, access to services, environment, education, safety, and civic engagement. A score out of 10 was used to rank Canada’s provinces and territories, with some surprising and other not-so-surprising results in B.C.( Austin, the Province )
- @ls_gibson Yes! Under current situ we need to ensure Grizzlies survive. To lose is too ugly a heritage...| 9 hours ago
- @althiaraj We all should but... the recent socio-political storms worry us & we don't want to wake up to a disaster| 9 hours ago
- "In the wake of last weekend’s violence in Va., Conservatives “must step up to define ourselves right now as to who… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…| 9 hours ago
- As an avid outdoorsman( not a hunter for record) I'm thrilled. Grizzlies r so rare we need to preserve not manage!… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…| 10 hours ago
- RT @LIFE: The Woodstock Music and Art Fair opened on this day in 1969. It became one of the defining events of the 1960s. https://t.co/uPG1…| 1 day ago