B.C. gets top marks in Canada for health and education in a new study from the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development.
The OECD measured eight topics among its 34 member nations, and found B.C. leading the provincial pack in health and education while trailing most of Canada in safety, the environment and civic engagement.
The organization measured eight criteria for its ‘Regional Well-Being’ survey — jobs, income, health, access to services, environment, education, safety, and civic engagement. A score out of 10 was used to rank Canada’s provinces and territories, with some surprising and other not-so-surprising results in B.C.( Austin, the Province )
- The New Yorker Radio Hour: My Mother’s Career at “Playboy” wnyc.org/story/my-mothe…| 5 hours ago
- RT @TwitterMoments: Daphne Caruana Galizia, who @politico dubbed a one-woman WikiLeaks in Malta, has been killed. twitter.com/i/moments/9199…| 6 hours ago
- RT @sarahhartshorne: Fun sexual assault fact: you only hear the stories we can bear to tell.| 6 hours ago
- RT @frankthorp: MCCAIN: “To refuse the obligations of international leadership...for the sake of some half-baked, spurious nationalism cook…| 6 hours ago
- @kelownagurl If I was with you- I’d have punched the guy! Or got in his face!! It’s such a plague! Men to speak up & fight it! #MeToo| 6 hours ago