“When a man is in despair, it means that he still believes in something.”
— Dmitri Shostakovich (soviet composer and pianist)
Depression is a complex human illness. Desperation is an interesting perspective of a man still believing and fighting for a value or ideal or another person. When I read this I was so encouraged by its simplicity yet it is full of empathy and wisdom. The author’s clarity holds a respect for the man of despair and that is a credit indeed.
- The New Yorker Radio Hour: My Mother’s Career at “Playboy” wnyc.org/story/my-mothe…| 3 hours ago
- RT @TwitterMoments: Daphne Caruana Galizia, who @politico dubbed a one-woman WikiLeaks in Malta, has been killed. twitter.com/i/moments/9199…| 3 hours ago
- RT @sarahhartshorne: Fun sexual assault fact: you only hear the stories we can bear to tell.| 4 hours ago
- RT @frankthorp: MCCAIN: “To refuse the obligations of international leadership...for the sake of some half-baked, spurious nationalism cook…| 4 hours ago
- @kelownagurl If I was with you- I’d have punched the guy! Or got in his face!! It’s such a plague! Men to speak up & fight it! #MeToo| 4 hours ago