“When a man is in despair, it means that he still believes in something.”
— Dmitri Shostakovich (soviet composer and pianist)
Depression is a complex human illness. Desperation is an interesting perspective of a man still believing and fighting for a value or ideal or another person. When I read this I was so encouraged by its simplicity yet it is full of empathy and wisdom. The author’s clarity holds a respect for the man of despair and that is a credit indeed.
- @ls_gibson Yes! Under current situ we need to ensure Grizzlies survive. To lose is too ugly a heritage...| 1 hour ago
- @althiaraj We all should but... the recent socio-political storms worry us & we don't want to wake up to a disaster| 1 hour ago
- "In the wake of last weekend’s violence in Va., Conservatives “must step up to define ourselves right now as to who… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…| 1 hour ago
- As an avid outdoorsman( not a hunter for record) I'm thrilled. Grizzlies r so rare we need to preserve not manage!… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…| 1 hour ago
- RT @LIFE: The Woodstock Music and Art Fair opened on this day in 1969. It became one of the defining events of the 1960s. https://t.co/uPG1…| 1 day ago