“When a man is in despair, it means that he still believes in something.”
— Dmitri Shostakovich (soviet composer and pianist)
Depression is a complex human illness. Desperation is an interesting perspective of a man still believing and fighting for a value or ideal or another person. When I read this I was so encouraged by its simplicity yet it is full of empathy and wisdom. The author’s clarity holds a respect for the man of despair and that is a credit indeed.
- Lengthy thorough piece that is another example of how Trump has gutted safety/pollution with no apparent motiv3 oth… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…| 5 hours ago
- RT @NaomiAKlein: The competition is fierce but the prize for the most despicable Covid-19 Disaster Capitalist goes to Alberta premier @jken…| 6 hours ago
- RT @shareski: Obviously a Canadian bear.| 6 hours ago
- I get the faith thing but viruses don’t listen. They just are. Throwing hands up & trusting God doesn’t help ppl to… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…| 7 hours ago
- @JimBair62221006 @dwallacewells Oh shit. It gets tougher. Late wet spring thaw might get us some time?| 7 hours ago