“When a man is in despair, it means that he still believes in something.”
— Dmitri Shostakovich (soviet composer and pianist)
Depression is a complex human illness. Desperation is an interesting perspective of a man still believing and fighting for a value or ideal or another person. When I read this I was so encouraged by its simplicity yet it is full of empathy and wisdom. The author’s clarity holds a respect for the man of despair and that is a credit indeed.
- @SnarkySteff Ppl to to study this case... it reveals so much of how predation works. It’s ugly story but I’ve seen… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…| 12 hours ago
- @CBCMorningLive @cbchh @jnorthcottCBC @signabutler @peterson_biz It’s all just bs , exploiting ppl to sell shit the… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…| 13 hours ago
- Besides iconic acting by Daniels, Wever, Cardinal and British Dockery were terrific twitter.com/rollingstone/s…| 1 day ago
- RT @Jeff_Daniels: Genuine gratitude and sincere thanks to SAG. Scott Frank’s triumph. Thrilled to be a part of it. Plus I got to ride a hor…| 1 day ago
- RT @buffa82: .@Jeff_Daniels has created a villain for the ages on @godlessnetflix. A unique performance that has multiple speeds and plenty…| 1 day ago