Todd Farley is the scourge of standardized testing. His book, “Making the Grades,” is a shocking exposé of the industry. Todd spent nearly 15 years scoring tests, and he knows the tricks of the trade.
In this article, he skewers the latest testing craze: machine-scoring of essays.
Having demonstrated the fallibility of humans who score essays, Farley is no more impressed by computer scoring. As he puts it:
“…the study’s major finding states only that “the results demonstrated that overall, automated essay scoring was capable of producing scores similar to human scores for extended-response writing items.”
- Drain the swamp? Trump is the swamp...”casino helped launder money and no one was charged with a crime” // Mueller… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…| 8 hours ago
- Schools that threatened Ss w Grad for protesting GUNS!? Have no heart and act like subservient nazis.. urrgh new low| 11 hours ago
- two years the Alberta gov earned more from liquor sales & gambling than from selling almost 3 mil barrels of bitume… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…| 12 hours ago
- @MaximeBernier @althiaraj Oh get real.. talk about spin| 1 day ago
- So John Miller, John Baron..? So much for northern outrage. DT father used fake ID too.. what a fraud he is| 1 day ago