Todd Farley is the scourge of standardized testing. His book, “Making the Grades,” is a shocking exposé of the industry. Todd spent nearly 15 years scoring tests, and he knows the tricks of the trade.
In this article, he skewers the latest testing craze: machine-scoring of essays.
Having demonstrated the fallibility of humans who score essays, Farley is no more impressed by computer scoring. As he puts it:
“…the study’s major finding states only that “the results demonstrated that overall, automated essay scoring was capable of producing scores similar to human scores for extended-response writing items.”
- Besides iconic acting by Daniels, Wever, Cardinal and British Dockery were terrific twitter.com/rollingstone/s…| 11 hours ago
- RT @Jeff_Daniels: Genuine gratitude and sincere thanks to SAG. Scott Frank’s triumph. Thrilled to be a part of it. Plus I got to ride a hor…| 11 hours ago
- RT @buffa82: .@Jeff_Daniels has created a villain for the ages on @godlessnetflix. A unique performance that has multiple speeds and plenty…| 11 hours ago
- Homage to American mythology w 2017 style. #westerns twitter.com/godlessnetflix…| 11 hours ago
- @MsMancaReads :-) twitter.com/kelownacapnews…| 15 hours ago