Don’t submit the job application and you won’t get the job. You get a zero. Skip work, tell the boss to shove it, neglect to file your taxes, miss a mortgage payment, bounce a cheque or get a speeding ticket, and what happens? You pay for it.
‘When I was a student it never occurred to me that if you did not do something that you wouldn’t get a zero’
It is Newton’s Law: for every action there is an opposite and equal reaction. Unless, of course, you are a student at Ross Sheppard high or some other institution where every missed assignment is met with an excuse.
And not from the kids, but from an apologist administration that encourages serial irresponsibility by offering second, third, fourth — and 10th chances — but not zeroes, never a zero.
Lynden Dorval knew it was wrong. He had had enough. So he picked up his red marking pen and stayed true to his conscience. It is a choice, he says, he would make again.
- Besides iconic acting by Daniels, Wever, Cardinal and British Dockery were terrific twitter.com/rollingstone/s…| 11 hours ago
- RT @Jeff_Daniels: Genuine gratitude and sincere thanks to SAG. Scott Frank’s triumph. Thrilled to be a part of it. Plus I got to ride a hor…| 11 hours ago
- RT @buffa82: .@Jeff_Daniels has created a villain for the ages on @godlessnetflix. A unique performance that has multiple speeds and plenty…| 11 hours ago
- Homage to American mythology w 2017 style. #westerns twitter.com/godlessnetflix…| 11 hours ago
- @MsMancaReads :-) twitter.com/kelownacapnews…| 15 hours ago