Don’t submit the job application and you won’t get the job. You get a zero. Skip work, tell the boss to shove it, neglect to file your taxes, miss a mortgage payment, bounce a cheque or get a speeding ticket, and what happens? You pay for it.
‘When I was a student it never occurred to me that if you did not do something that you wouldn’t get a zero’
It is Newton’s Law: for every action there is an opposite and equal reaction. Unless, of course, you are a student at Ross Sheppard high or some other institution where every missed assignment is met with an excuse.
And not from the kids, but from an apologist administration that encourages serial irresponsibility by offering second, third, fourth — and 10th chances — but not zeroes, never a zero.
Lynden Dorval knew it was wrong. He had had enough. So he picked up his red marking pen and stayed true to his conscience. It is a choice, he says, he would make again.
- @ls_gibson Yes! Under current situ we need to ensure Grizzlies survive. To lose is too ugly a heritage...| 1 day ago
- @althiaraj We all should but... the recent socio-political storms worry us & we don't want to wake up to a disaster| 1 day ago
- "In the wake of last weekend’s violence in Va., Conservatives “must step up to define ourselves right now as to who… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…| 1 day ago
- As an avid outdoorsman( not a hunter for record) I'm thrilled. Grizzlies r so rare we need to preserve not manage!… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…| 1 day ago
- RT @LIFE: The Woodstock Music and Art Fair opened on this day in 1969. It became one of the defining events of the 1960s. https://t.co/uPG1…| 2 days ago