The Secret Life of the Canadian Teacher. How much private life is a teacher allowed in our modern world? I’d suggest, as little as the one-room school house days. I’m concerned about a teacher’s liberty to express himself in our digital world- where school boards could find reason to discipline or prejudice a person from their Facebook opinions. Free press isn’t really free if citizens cannot write freely too. Common sense and child safety apply of course but like the age of war on terror education has become a political reality too whether we like it or not. I recently heard read that retired teachers might be refused from running for local school boards.
- @BCECTA Isolation & competition not collaboration has been a sore spot for private school tchrs I’ve met.| 9 hours ago
- @mitchellreports @maddow I wanted to slap the guy. Throw his wife under the bus!? Damn! #gutless #SwampCreatures| 9 hours ago
- @benwikler This is awful. If I teach my kid about fire escapes or crossing the road, it’s to save his ass. He should know it’s serious!| 9 hours ago
- This woman has more spin churning noise than my vitamix on high. Like watching an educated woman #train wreck live… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…| 9 hours ago
- RT @pattibacchus: My husband stubbornly (and apparently brilliantly) refused to join Facebook all these years and now I guess I married a d…| 9 hours ago