The Secret Life of the Canadian Teacher. How much private life is a teacher allowed in our modern world? I’d suggest, as little as the one-room school house days. I’m concerned about a teacher’s liberty to express himself in our digital world- where school boards could find reason to discipline or prejudice a person from their Facebook opinions. Free press isn’t really free if citizens cannot write freely too. Common sense and child safety apply of course but like the age of war on terror education has become a political reality too whether we like it or not. I recently heard read that retired teachers might be refused from running for local school boards.
- @KelownaArt thx for upcoming art classes.. I can’t commit but will next season... bravo for offerings #kelowna| 3 hours ago
- I concur, hoping there is no other facts raised.. journalism is a war zone now... twitter.com/robshaw_vansun…| 3 hours ago
- RT @KelownaCapNews: Truck driver volunteers to take dog lost in B.C. back home to Alberta dlvr.it/Q5gCK8| 3 hours ago
- RT @univrsle: #PnPCBC The problem for the NDP and CPC is that people have nothing to vote for. BOTH parties have spent way too much time sc…| 3 hours ago
- @pattibacchus Thx Oh my is a restrained response. As a tchr (ret) I’m also so upset| 3 hours ago