The Secret Life of the Canadian Teacher. How much private life is a teacher allowed in our modern world? I’d suggest, as little as the one-room school house days. I’m concerned about a teacher’s liberty to express himself in our digital world- where school boards could find reason to discipline or prejudice a person from their Facebook opinions. Free press isn’t really free if citizens cannot write freely too. Common sense and child safety apply of course but like the age of war on terror education has become a political reality too whether we like it or not. I recently heard read that retired teachers might be refused from running for local school boards.
- @CBCSunday @cmathen @TrinityWestern Another note.. SCC ruling on Charter balances preferred treatment at conflict w… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…| 9 hours ago
- @CBCSunday @cmathen @TrinityWestern We must remember the law society rules were implemented for a private entity an… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…| 9 hours ago
- The judgement #law school #trinity #accrditation - essentially reminds us that no Charter line is unconditional twitter.com/cbcsunday/stat…| 9 hours ago
- RT @CBCSunday: Would a national pharmacare program in Canada mean costs would spin out of control? @DrEricHoskins says it’s “already spin…| 9 hours ago
- It’s scary how Canada past ‘ 60s scoop’ program to separate First Nations kids looks like current US border horror.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…| 9 hours ago