The Secret Life of the Canadian Teacher. How much private life is a teacher allowed in our modern world? I’d suggest, as little as the one-room school house days. I’m concerned about a teacher’s liberty to express himself in our digital world- where school boards could find reason to discipline or prejudice a person from their Facebook opinions. Free press isn’t really free if citizens cannot write freely too. Common sense and child safety apply of course but like the age of war on terror education has become a political reality too whether we like it or not. I recently heard read that retired teachers might be refused from running for local school boards.
- RT @kaj33: It’s about respect & human decency and how we share that with each other. #ShowYouCare latimes.com/opinion/story/…| 3 hours ago
- RT @brittny_mejia: “I’ve covered protests involving police in Ferguson, Mo., Baton Rouge, La., Dallas and Los Angeles. I’ve also covered th…| 3 hours ago
- It’s tough. I was a teenager observing MLK death. Now I’m a senior and don’t see any improvement. I see anarchy not… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…| 3 hours ago
- RT @kenolin1: Dear @realDonaldTrump - This is what decent people trying to make America great do. https://t.co/SFAtIKroWg| 3 hours ago
- Militarization of police has become a global trend. The gear says it all. So who is this scary enemy that they must… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…| 3 hours ago