The Secret Life of the Canadian Teacher. How much private life is a teacher allowed in our modern world? I’d suggest, as little as the one-room school house days. I’m concerned about a teacher’s liberty to express himself in our digital world- where school boards could find reason to discipline or prejudice a person from their Facebook opinions. Free press isn’t really free if citizens cannot write freely too. Common sense and child safety apply of course but like the age of war on terror education has become a political reality too whether we like it or not. I recently heard read that retired teachers might be refused from running for local school boards.
- RT @IndianHorseFilm: #IndianHorseFIlm cast & director posed on the red carpet for our sold-out screening at #calgaryfilm #CIFF.Thx #Calgary…| 9 hours ago
- DNC ‘68 Chicago demonstrators confronted by troops & police. Kneeling seems quaint.. https://t.co/735EvhXawe| 9 hours ago
- @cbcbooks @MsMancaReads I read it when I still had hair and faeries lived in the forest ;-)| 10 hours ago
- RT @cbcbooks: Book fairies are hiding more than 70 copies of Alias Grace across Canada. #ibelieveinbookfairies cbc.ca/books/to-celeb…| 10 hours ago
- @PnPCBC @reicurran trumps action doesn’t work politically. It has exposed more fissures in agenda & fueled hate #pnpcbc his base?| 14 hours ago