After years of camping and paddling in the Arrow Lakes, Nancy and I decided
to hike to the top of Saddle Mountain
7500ft. We looked at the craggy top of the peak and it’s lookout year after year. 2011 we decided to leave the beach and comfort of camp and trek it. Tough vertical after a long rough road. The rains made the trail wet and chippy with loose rock but we made it to the top in 3hours. A gnarly wet snow field stopped us from the final ascent to lookout but the views were grand. Nancy was a trooper trekking a good pace despite not much training. Her old form rose to the occasion. It’s been years since we made a summit together. Hotsprings tomorrow!
- @tlspecial My hope is I’ll see another chapter of renewal xxoo| 8 hours ago
- Sadly this kind of post is disturbing. You’d think 60 yrs since lynching ppl would be more civil? twitter.com/propublica/sta…| 10 hours ago
- RT @CBCTheNational: Expensive medicines can seem to create worse side-effects than cheaper alternatives. cbc.ca/1.4358664| 10 hours ago
- @MrSmithTwit He hasnt passed a law.. exec orders thankfully don’t always endure| 10 hours ago
- @courosa Like driving a car..start slow, don’t drive at night and drive sober #edchat| 10 hours ago