After years of camping and paddling in the Arrow Lakes, Nancy and I decided
to hike to the top of Saddle Mountain
7500ft. We looked at the craggy top of the peak and it’s lookout year after year. 2011 we decided to leave the beach and comfort of camp and trek it. Tough vertical after a long rough road. The rains made the trail wet and chippy with loose rock but we made it to the top in 3hours. A gnarly wet snow field stopped us from the final ascent to lookout but the views were grand. Nancy was a trooper trekking a good pace despite not much training. Her old form rose to the occasion. It’s been years since we made a summit together. Hotsprings tomorrow!
- RT @RedTRaccoon: Trump turning a Boy Scout Jamboree into a political rally & then threatening Tom Price RETWEET TO TELL THE BOY SCOUTS THI…| 4 minutes ago
- Big man... twitter.com/reuters/status…| 6 minutes ago
- RT @DeSmogBlog: No Charges, No Fines For Mount Polley Mine Disaster as Three-Year Legal Deadline Approaches desmog.ca/2017/07/23/no-… @DeSmog…| 8 minutes ago
- BC Needs a Big Money Corruption Inquiry, Fast | The Tyee... what a legacy :-( thetyee.ca/Opinion/2017/0…| 8 minutes ago
- RT @MarkSalter55: I was a Boy Scout for five or six years. The whole point of the experience was to teach kids not to grow up to be like Do…| 17 minutes ago