I think this action by UN member states to not back a civil moderate democractic state is very troubling and reflective of our lost respect internationally. Given we’ve fought above our weight in Afghanistan for years hasn’t had any influence. It seems our diplomatic reputation abroad has sadly deteriorated. Mr. Harper’s arrogant sounding response that our ‘values’ are better than all others might be telling. Let’s reacquire a generous and humble international profile by acting tolerant and building foreign policy diplomatically and with honour. We need to be a sound, empathetic and generous presence among the international insanity.-Al Smith
Here’s an article from The Globe I thought you might like: Canada said things, but just wasn’t there.
(Sent via my iPad’s Globe and Mail application
- #CTE sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/s…| 1 day ago
- macleans.ca/sports/heres-h…| 1 day ago
- RT @gmbutts: A month ago @AndrewScheer he said he wouldn't do interviews with The Rebel. Now they're running his campaign. https://t.co/le…| 1 day ago
- RT @bctla: Contains timelines, outlines, guiding questions & process. Resources are posted as editable word docs twitter.com/shenderson43/s…| 1 day ago
- RT @bctla: Congratulations Moira Ekdahl @tlspecial @jess_bonin and @heatherkdaly our @bctla award recipients #PSAday #BCTF https://t.co/a88…| 1 day ago