I think this action by UN member states to not back a civil moderate democractic state is very troubling and reflective of our lost respect internationally. Given we’ve fought above our weight in Afghanistan for years hasn’t had any influence. It seems our diplomatic reputation abroad has sadly deteriorated. Mr. Harper’s arrogant sounding response that our ‘values’ are better than all others might be telling. Let’s reacquire a generous and humble international profile by acting tolerant and building foreign policy diplomatically and with honour. We need to be a sound, empathetic and generous presence among the international insanity.-Al Smith
Here’s an article from The Globe I thought you might like: Canada said things, but just wasn’t there.
(Sent via my iPad’s Globe and Mail application
- RT @anconl16: Rex Tillerson is a fucking idiot. twitter.com/newsweek/statu…| 14 hours ago
- RT @chrislhayes: Everyone I talk to, in healthcare policy circles, in the Senate, just have this kind of almost paralyzed shock at what's h…| 14 hours ago
- RT @michellemungall: BREAKING: Christy Clark says Thursday’s Throne Speech promises include everyone getting a real live one of these. #bcp…| 14 hours ago
- #aca Hammer the poor and sweet $ to the rich. Ya #MAGA twitter.com/newyorker/stat…| 14 hours ago
- @petermansbridge @acoyne @ChantalHbert @jenditchburn @althiaraj :-) maybe the best #atissue panel ever- fun! Thx| 15 hours ago