I think this action by UN member states to not back a civil moderate democractic state is very troubling and reflective of our lost respect internationally. Given we’ve fought above our weight in Afghanistan for years hasn’t had any influence. It seems our diplomatic reputation abroad has sadly deteriorated. Mr. Harper’s arrogant sounding response that our ‘values’ are better than all others might be telling. Let’s reacquire a generous and humble international profile by acting tolerant and building foreign policy diplomatically and with honour. We need to be a sound, empathetic and generous presence among the international insanity.-Al Smith
Here’s an article from The Globe I thought you might like: Canada said things, but just wasn’t there.
(Sent via my iPad’s Globe and Mail application
- @ls_gibson Yes! Under current situ we need to ensure Grizzlies survive. To lose is too ugly a heritage...| 1 day ago
- @althiaraj We all should but... the recent socio-political storms worry us & we don't want to wake up to a disaster| 1 day ago
- "In the wake of last weekend’s violence in Va., Conservatives “must step up to define ourselves right now as to who… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…| 1 day ago
- As an avid outdoorsman( not a hunter for record) I'm thrilled. Grizzlies r so rare we need to preserve not manage!… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…| 1 day ago
- RT @LIFE: The Woodstock Music and Art Fair opened on this day in 1969. It became one of the defining events of the 1960s. https://t.co/uPG1…| 2 days ago