I think this action by UN member states to not back a civil moderate democractic state is very troubling and reflective of our lost respect internationally. Given we’ve fought above our weight in Afghanistan for years hasn’t had any influence. It seems our diplomatic reputation abroad has sadly deteriorated. Mr. Harper’s arrogant sounding response that our ‘values’ are better than all others might be telling. Let’s reacquire a generous and humble international profile by acting tolerant and building foreign policy diplomatically and with honour. We need to be a sound, empathetic and generous presence among the international insanity.-Al Smith
Here’s an article from The Globe I thought you might like: Canada said things, but just wasn’t there.
(Sent via my iPad’s Globe and Mail application
- Drain the swamp? Trump is the swamp...”casino helped launder money and no one was charged with a crime” // Mueller… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…| 8 hours ago
- Schools that threatened Ss w Grad for protesting GUNS!? Have no heart and act like subservient nazis.. urrgh new low| 10 hours ago
- two years the Alberta gov earned more from liquor sales & gambling than from selling almost 3 mil barrels of bitume… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…| 12 hours ago
- @MaximeBernier @althiaraj Oh get real.. talk about spin| 1 day ago
- So John Miller, John Baron..? So much for northern outrage. DT father used fake ID too.. what a fraud he is| 1 day ago