I think this action by UN member states to not back a civil moderate democractic state is very troubling and reflective of our lost respect internationally. Given we’ve fought above our weight in Afghanistan for years hasn’t had any influence. It seems our diplomatic reputation abroad has sadly deteriorated. Mr. Harper’s arrogant sounding response that our ‘values’ are better than all others might be telling. Let’s reacquire a generous and humble international profile by acting tolerant and building foreign policy diplomatically and with honour. We need to be a sound, empathetic and generous presence among the international insanity.-Al Smith
Here’s an article from The Globe I thought you might like: Canada said things, but just wasn’t there.
(Sent via my iPad’s Globe and Mail application
- Besides iconic acting by Daniels, Wever, Cardinal and British Dockery were terrific twitter.com/rollingstone/s…| 11 hours ago
- RT @Jeff_Daniels: Genuine gratitude and sincere thanks to SAG. Scott Frank’s triumph. Thrilled to be a part of it. Plus I got to ride a hor…| 11 hours ago
- RT @buffa82: .@Jeff_Daniels has created a villain for the ages on @godlessnetflix. A unique performance that has multiple speeds and plenty…| 11 hours ago
- Homage to American mythology w 2017 style. #westerns twitter.com/godlessnetflix…| 11 hours ago
- @MsMancaReads :-) twitter.com/kelownacapnews…| 15 hours ago